We are hiring: Campaign and communications assistant
We are hiring Campaign and communications assistant who can help us increase our outreach and influence by strengthening our engagement with stakeholders and supporters in order to implement larger activities with maximum impact.
Terms and Conditions
• Type of position: A freelance contract with working space in Brussels*
• Period: Until December 2017 (with possible extensions depending on funding)
• Remuneration: 1,200 - 1,600 EUR / month depending on experience
• Location: Brussels
• Start date: July or August
The QE for People campaign was initiated by Positive Money and is supported by a coalition of 20 civil society organisations. We aim to radically challenge the European Central Bank’s quantitative easing programme to make it directly reach the real economy. Our proposals range from direct payments to citizens, to linking the ECB’s quantitative easing programme with sustainable investments. So far the campaign has been successful in:
• Fostering a conversation on alternatives to QE within the EU institutions
• Developing the economic case for the alternatives to quantitative easing
• Reaching a number of citizens and stakeholders.
Looking forward, we want to increase our outreach and influence by strengthening our engagement with stakeholders and supporters in order to implement larger activities with maximum impact.
Positive Money is a fast-growing research and campaigning non-profit organisation. We campaign to reform the money and banking system. Current monetary policy and the money system cause a wide range of economic, social and environmental problems; most notably house price bubbles, high levels of debt, and rising inequality. Our vision is for a money and banking system that supports a fair, democratic, and sustainable economy.
About the role
We want to hire a campaigner to develop our outreach programme. This includes communicating and engaging with our 5,000 supporters, 20 civil society partners across Europe and a broader network of about one hundred civil society organisations that have shown interest in our work. You will keep them informed and strengthen our cooperation with them. You will also manage our social media channels, working to increase our following, and our supporter base.
You’ll be an energetic campaigner who is passionate about Europe and economic justice issues. You will be naturally skilled in building a community around a campaign, by managing and developing communications channels. Our topic is quite technical and not well understood by the public: you’ll enjoy simplifying our message and find out how to best engage with each of our existing audiences, while seeking ways to engage with new ones. You will be naturally gifted at building relationships with a large number of people and finding ways to foster cooperation between them. The QE for People campaign operates with a small team with little capacity, so you will be able to multitask, juggling different projects simultaneously.
Job Purpose / Key accountabilities and tasks
• The Campaigner will work with the Campaign manager to develop the campaign strategy
• Develop and implement an impact-oriented communication and social media strategy to increase our social media following and email signups
• Manage the campaign’s blog, both by writing articles and editing guest posts by various authors among our network
• Organise events in Brussels
• Support the campaign’s coordinator with press work
• Design and implement a fundraising strategy
• Write engaging and impactful monthly newsletters to our supporters
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Excellent and up-to-date knowledge on communication management and social media best practices
• Experience in the voluntary or campaigning sector
• Experience with fundraising
• The ability to explain complex issues to a diverse range of people •
A willingness to learn about economics, the banking and monetary system
• A commitment to Positive Money’s values and behaviours.
• Experience using nationbuilder or similar online tools
• Strong graphic design abilities (Photoshop, Indesign etc) and video editing skills
• Experience and knowledge with using Facebook ads
Please send a CV & cover letter answering the questions below to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 20th at midnight.
• What skills and experience do you have that make you suitable to apply for this role?
• Why do you want to work for the campaign?
The interview will take place in Brussels on June 29 and June 30.
*Positive Money is not currently able to salary people working from Belgium . We are also open to consider internships possibilities depending on qualifications.